I’m not talking about the kind of date night that involves dinner and a movie. I’m talking about the kind of date that occurs after all of that. The kind that ends up . . . we all know where I’m going with this . . . in bed. Seriously, you may never want to go out again!
We found some oldies but goodies, sizzling sex games to buy and even some DIY for those who are so inclined. First up, do you remember Spin the Bottle?
Upcycling Old Favorites
- Spin the Bottle for Two except in our version, you spin for something other than a kiss. For example, you could spin for a sexy body massage and you’re the one who gives it, if the bottle is pointing at you when it stops. And vice versa. It’s up to the two of you what you’ll spin for. Deciding could be a titillating game of its own.
- Twister is the game we all played as kids, right? But picture it with just the two of you and play it by candle light, wear lingerie and put on some music in the background. Whole new ball game.
- Strip Poker. There is no upcycling strip poker. Because it’s strip poker.
Be a Player
As it turns out, there are some very fun games on the market – and they are quite reasonably priced. You can have loads of fun for under $10. I’ll tell you about a few here and link you up to some good sources along the way.
- Amazon has a good selection of all kinds of games of a sexual nature. Click the link and you’ll see what I mean.
- One item of note sold by Amazon is the glow-in-the-dark erotic dice. The dice give you sexual commands – what to do and where to do it. I must say that the glow in the dark feature is a really nice touch.
- Lovehoney is a good source for sex games. They have Foreplay Dice for $9.99. There are two types of dice – romantic and naughty. You roll the dice to find out what you’ll be doing and where you’ll be doing it.
- 52 weeks of role play cards, also from Lovehoney, ranges from the romantic to the pretty kinky. At first glance, it appears to be a something for everyone situation.
- Lovehoney also has Kama Sutra Playing Cards (for $8.99). This is a full deck of cards with “tasteful, clear images” of actual Kama Sutra poses. Look at the card and have fun duplicating the position. Win win.
A truth or dare card game, sexy scratch cards, talk dirty playing cards -- Lovehoney has a wonderful selection of the kinds of games I’m talking about. Fascinations and Adam & Eve also have big selections.
The nice thing about DIY is that your imagination is in charge. And you won't break the bank.
- Maybe you’ve been thinking about something you’d like to try in the bedroom, but you're feeling a little shy about broaching the subject with your significant other. Put it on your own flash card and turn it into a game.
- Craft your own sex scene with you and your partner in the leading roles. Tantalize with your tale all the way to a cliff hanger (preferably a sexual cliff hanger) at which point roles reverse. You relinquish your role as author and become the listener. Go back and forth until your story reaches its climax. Collaboration at its finest.
- Use an old sheet for a bed-top version of Twister. Draw open circles in different colors of fabric ink on the sheet and then it’s all about knees and elbows. So to speak.
You can find fabric paint in pen form at Amazon, Joann and Michaels – to name a few. You’ll spend about $10 or a little less for the paint, so this DIY project isn’t free unless you have some fabric paint in one of your drawers. And be sure to check color fastness before putting the painted sheet on your bed.
I don't know about you, but I think we just gave date night a serious upgrade! You'll probably come up with some great ideas of your own. If you do, please leave a comment and share with us.